In the frontend AJAX-ZOOM plugin for OXID eSales is based on
responsive mouseover zoom + optional 360°.
In backend there is a possibility for administrators to upload
several 360's or import them from zip files or folders, which were previously uploaded e.g. over ftp.
Each individual 360° can be configured with separate AJAX-ZOOM settings and attached to all or selected variants.
For regular images there are no changes required.
- Absolutly responsive mouseover area and flyout zoom window
- Adjustable to fit the size of any responsive elements on the page over smart jQuery like selector
- Adjustable for fixed or flexible image proportions
- Permanent or automatic inner zoom depending on resolution and responsive layout
- Support for OXID images tied to product variations
- Works great on touch-enabled devices
- Optional 360°/3D support with (pinch) zoom and full screen view
- Optional responsive thumbnails slider integration
- Responsive modal or full screen views on click with AJAX-ZOOM
- Fast "progressive" loading of high resolution images
- Instant (on-the-fly) generation of all thumbnails
- 100+ other options
- All components adjustable over OXID modile settings
- API for developers of all skill levels
- Continuous development and improvements, technical support
Backend - Hotspots & 360 "Product Tour"
Handling regular images
For the regular images there is no need to do anything. You can upload them as always over the backend or merchandise management system.
To add 360° images simply edit an product. There you find the ""AJAX-ZOOM 360" tab with following possibilities.
- Define one ore more 360° spins for the product.
- Upload 360° images right from the backend or
- Select a zip file which contains images for a 360° set to import.
On default these zip files have to be uploaded in '/modules/ajaxzoom/ajaxzoom/zip/' directory and can be removed after import.
- After importing or uploading the images manually you will be able to make some adjustments for this particular 360°,
e.g. change rotation speed and many other options available for AJAX-ZOOM.
- Preview 360° in Fancybox before publishing.
- Activate / deactivate 360° view.
- Select combinations, e.g. color and size for which a 360° view should be shown.
You can add more than one 360° view for a product.
- Create a 360° "Product Tour" with descriptions, videos... No programming knowledge is required.
- Create clickable Hotspots.
- PHP 5.2+
- Free Ioncube loaders or
Sourceguardian loaders installed on the server
- allow_url_fopen enabled (for instantly downloading AJAX-ZOOM main application and placing it in "/modules/ajaxzoom/ajaxzoom/axZm"
directoy. If allow_url_fopen is disabled you will have to do it manually, please see "Troubleshooting" section on this page.)
- Make sure the free Ioncube loaders are installed on the server
- Please test and install this module in a test environment or make backups.
- Unzip the module and upload it into /modules directory preserving the directory structure.
You should have /modules/ajaxzoom/ajaxzoom directory with most files and under /modules/ajaxzoom
there should be only logo.png und vendormetadata.php files.
- Make sure, that /modules/ajaxzoom/ajaxzoom/pic is writeable by PHP (CHMOD).
- In backend area navigate to EXTENSIONS -> Modules and activate AJAX-ZOOM module.
- During activation the AJAX-ZOOM module will try to download the latest AJAX-ZOOM version instantly and place it into /modules/ajaxzoom/ajaxzoom/axZm directory.
You can also make this step manually before activation. If instant download during activation fails for some reason you can also download AJAX-ZOOM
core files manually and upload the entire axZm folder to /modules/ajaxzoom/ajaxzoom/ over FTP...
AJAX-ZOOM has not been downloaded instantly
Please see installation steps above. Upload AJAX-ZOOM main scripts manually.
If you encounter any other troubles please report / contact our support. We will fix and document it with highest priority.
To update, please perform the following steps:
- overwrite modules/ajaxzoom/ajaxzoom directory.
- Update modules/ajaxzoom/ajaxzoom/axZm directory with the latest version.
- Delete previous settings:
DELETE FROM `oxconfig` WHERE` OXMODULE` = 'module: ajaxzoom' AND `OXVARNAME`! = 'AJAXZOOM_LICENSES'
- Deactivate the module, then reactivate it.
- Possibly save settings once.
OXID plugin released.
Leave a Comment