In the frontend AJAX-ZOOM plugin for WooCommerce (WordPress) is based on
responsive mouseover zoom + optional 360°.
In backend there is a possibility for administrators to upload
several 360's or import them from zip files or folders, which were previously uploaded e.g. over ftp.
Each individual 360° can be configured with separate AJAX-ZOOM settings and attached to all or selected variants.
For regular images there are no changes required.
New version: support for WooCommerce 3.0+ and more, see changelog.
- Absolutly responsive mouseover area and flyout zoom window
- Adjustable to fit the size of any responsive elements on the page over smart jQuery like selector
- Adjustable for fixed or flexible image proportions
- Permanent or automatic inner zoom depending on resolution and responsive layout
- Support for WooCommerce images tied to product variations
- Works great on touch-enabled devices
- Optional 360°/3D support with (pinch) zoom and full screen view
- Optional responsive thumbnails slider integration
- Responsive modal or full screen views on click with AJAX-ZOOM
- Fast "progressive" loading of high resolution images
- Instant (on-the-fly) generation of all thumbnails
- Integrated pinterest button
- 100+ other options
- All components adjustable over WooCommerce plugin settings
- API for developers of all skill levels
- Continuous development and improvements, technical support
Handling regular images
For the regular images there is no need to do anything. You can upload them as always.
However for product vatiations there is a possiblity to add any number of images without additional plugins.
On default there is not such an option in Woo.
To add 360° images simply edit an product. There you find the ""AJAX-ZOOM 360" tab with following possibilities.
- Define one ore more 360° spins for the product.
- Upload 360° images right from the backend or
- Select a zip file which contains images for a 360° set to import.
On default these zip files have to be uploaded in '/js/axzoom/zip/' directory and can be removed after import.
- After importing or uploading the images manually you will be able to make some adjustments for this particular 360°,
e.g. change rotation speed and many other options available for AJAX-ZOOM.
- Preview 360° in Fancybox before publishing.
- Activate / deactivate 360° view.
- Select combinations, e.g. color and size for which a 360° view should be shown.
You can add more than one 360° view for a product.
- Create a 360° "Product Tour" with descriptions, videos... No programming knowledge is required.
- PHP 5.2+
- Free Ioncube loaders or
Sourceguardian loaders installed on the server
- allow_url_fopen enabled (for instantly downloading AJAX-ZOOM main application and placing it in "/wp-content/plugins/ajaxzoom/axZm"
directoy. If allow_url_fopen is disabled you will have to do it manually, please see "Troubleshooting" section on this page.)
- Make sure the free Ioncube loaders are installed on the server
- Switch to Plugins and click on "Add New".
- Select "Upload Plugin" and upload plugin_woocommerce_ajaxzoom.zip
- Click "Install Now" and then "Activate Plugin" when ready.
- The activation might take some time as the plugin will try to download AJAX-ZOOM main scripts instantly.
If that fails for some reason download AJAX-ZOOM manually and upload /axZm directory into /wp-content/plugins/ajaxzoom/
AJAX-ZOOM has not been downloaded instantly
Please see installation steps above. Upload AJAX-ZOOM main scripts manually.
AJAX-ZOOM does not work in a different Template / Theme
Please read if AJAX-ZOOM does work in default theme but does not work with a third party template...
The dynamic output in frontend template is registered over
add_action( 'woocommerce_product_thumbnails', array( 'ajaxzoom', 'show' )) or
add_action( 'woocommerce_after_single_product', array( 'ajaxzoom', 'show' ))
Accordingly the output must be triggered in frontend template by
do_action( 'woocommerce_product_thumbnails' ); or
do_action( 'woocommerce_after_single_product' );
If neither of the two
do_action functions are present / missing in frontend template,
then there will be no output and AJAX-ZOOM cannot be visible at all.
AJAX-ZOOM is not showing correctly
If AJAX-ZOOM code is returned on the product details page but you do not see anything
or AJAX-ZOOM does not work properly, then you might need to make some adjustments for you theme.
Go to Wocommerce Settings -> AJAX-ZOOM -> General Settings.
At very bottom there is a widget with which the adjustment should be possible for any template.
AJAX-ZOOM is shown but not when you click on the mouseover image
Please check in browser console under network -> XHR if the request to zoomLoad.php returns error 500 (server error).
This might happen because of
which includes the WP config file in order to quickly read the license data entered in the AJAX-ZOOM plugin configuration page at the backend.
The error is likely to be present if WordPress has been installed using Bitnami.
Try to comment out / remove everything in lic.php; if AJAX-ZOOM works now please just keep it like this.
You can also enter / hardcode licensing information into
without retrieving the values from DB which is even more faster.
If you encounter any other troubles please report / contact our support. We will fix and document it with highest priority.
There is no need to order AJAX-ZOOM before you have successfully installed and tested it!
The license price primarily depends on the number of different images,
which are displayed on a domain in the AJAX-ZOOM viewer.
For the complete license agreement, please visit the download section.
Diverse bugfixes and new options. Tested with latest WP and Woo.
Fixed a possible error "can't use function return value in write context" in class.ajaxzoom.php
Support for WooCommerce 3.0; implemented new mouseover zoom (version 5);
Created a widget in plugin settings to adjust / change AJAX-ZOOM injection into detail page (target container, additional css, js, options etc).
With this widget it is 99.9% guarantied that AJAX-ZOOM can be adjusted to work with any theme.
For update from previous versions - overwrite plugin files, update axZm directory, deactivate and activate plugin.
Navigate to plugin settings, select "reset" tab and reset settings.
Added missing DB table for individual deactivation.
Added new hotspots editor.
Fixed bugs creating db table for variants images.
Fixed 360 uploding problems on "localhost".
Several improvements and speed optimizations.
Added a tab where you can upload unlimited images for product variations. WooCommerce supports only one on default without additional plugins.
WooCommerce plugin released.
Leave a Comment